Explanation of new rules
The R&A and Golf Australia have developed a series of resources to help your club’s administrators and members transition to the new Rules of Golf when they take effect on 1 January 2019. I am now writing to advise that the following items are available from www.golf.org.au/newrules.
- 1-minute videos on each major change
- Downloadable flyers/posters
- The R&A’s new Rules app
- R&A PowerPoint on new Rules – for presentation by club officials
- Online versions of the new Rules of Golf and Player’s Edition
- Interpretations on the Rules (note: Interpretations replace the old Decisions)
- Committee Procedures
- Modified Rules of Golf for Players with Disabilities
- Written information on all the changes
- NOTE: Advice on further resources coming soon
FLYERS & POSTERS: Three copies of the A2-size poster that is referenced in item 2 were sent to your club in early September. The flyers that are referenced in this item are being distributed by State/Territory Associations to clubs in conjunction with the distribution of the new Rule books and Player’s Editions.
KEY WEBSITE RESOURCES FOR USE BY MEMBERS: We encourage all clubs where possible to distribute to all members the links to the following resources:
- Flyers and posters – www.golf.org.au/newrules#flyers. The poster sets out all of the key information a golfer needs to know to be ready when the new Rules take effect on 1 January 2019.
- 1-minute videos – www.golf.org.au/newrules#videos. These bite-sized videos are very well produced and an excellent resource.
There are still several R&A resources currently under development. (See item 10 above – the resources under development are described on www.golf.org.au/newrules.) We will let you know when they become available.